Those killed were :-
Leader D.K. Hayes
Lieutenant P.G. Ballard
Major R. Q. Gaitley (Kings
- Construction number : 16569 / 33317
- Delivered to USAAF as C-47B-35-DK 44-76985, May 24th, 1945
- Lend-Lease to RAF ( via Montreal ) as
May 29th, 1945
- Assigned to Air Command South East Asia, June 18th, 1945 -- 52 Sqn,
353 Sqn, 48 Sqn, 110 Sqn
- Was assigned to 110 Sqn, based at Kuala Lumpur, when it crashed
after hitting trees during a SAR mission, 6 miles east of Rawang,
Selangor, Malaya, November 12th, 1948
the vicinity of crashed Spitfire TP231 which engaged
in anti communist strike near Serendah town 25 miles
north of Kuala Lumpur.
crews were missing and their names were listed at Terendak Camp.
In 2000, the wreck was found by MHG when we search
for the missing Spitfire TP231. Most of her parts
were salvaged by native people and send for scrap.
Dakota landing gear
Two large of her
engines and small fragments of parts strewn on a step ridge where KN633 hit
the trees and crashed. Dakota KN633 was from RAF 110 Squadron based in
Sungai Besi Airbase, Kuala Lumpur.
The wreck was found in late 1960s amid of
Communist Activities still around. A clear 633 serial number can be seen
©2005 MHG. All rights reserved.